Group F/1

Applying the Group F/64 philosophies to the other end of the aperture ring.

Thursday, March 22, 2007

Finally, Something Other Than a Leaf!

While I haven't posted much around here lately, I'm still formulating the philosophy. Of course, one person doesn't make for a group, really, so it's no wonder things aren't hoppin' at this joint.

Still, I've been playing around with a few ideas, and learning how to use lighting and flash, thanks to a tip from Tim that I go check out Strobist. Interestingly, the lighting techniques on Strobist can very likely work out well with the Group F/1 philosophy under development here. In this image below, I'm experimenting with both. I'm becoming a firm believer that extremely narrow depth-of-focus can certainly convey a sense of depth -- especially in the macro world. Of course, I could probably use lighting techniques to convey this sense of depth a little differently and keep everything in focus. But I believe that highlighting certain features through selective focus can make for an interesting perspective. If it's done "correctly" (whatever that means), and with (as I've mentioned before as important), clear intent. Here's a link to the "straight" version of this shot and here's the Group F/1 version of the Moth shot:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home